Personal Injury Lawyer in Plano, Texas
Have you been injured in an accident in or around Plano that you believe was caused because of the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another person? If so, then you have probably been thrust into a nightmare situation that you can’t just wake up from.
Attempting to recover from a serious injury accident can be made even more difficult because of the financial burdens brought on by your injury accident. You may be facing mounting bills for things such as hospitals, doctors, rehabilitation therapy as well as living expenses as you work hard to recover from your injury accident. Your injury may have caused you to miss substantial time at work or even worse, you may not ever be able to return to your job because of your injury.
When you attempt to deal with insurance companies without hiring a lawyer to represent your best interests, you will quickly discover that this is a very complex legal process. Insurance companies often attempt to use your own words against you by taking your statement, twisting it, and using it to deny or at the very least, minimize your injury claim. You should speak with a Plano personal injury attorney at Brad Thomas Law Office as soon as possible to explore your legal options available to you for your injuries and losses.
If the accident that caused your injuries was caused by a negligent co-worker, driver, property owner, or any other third party, then you may have the option to file a personal injury claim for significant compensation. This compensation can be used to cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damages.
To ensure that your rights are protected from the start of your injury accident call Brad Thomas Law Office today at (972) 863-2367 to schedule a free consultation with a Plano personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
What is a Texas Personal Injury Claim?
You only have a legitimate personal injury claim when you suffered significant injuries in an accident that was caused by a third party. You must be able to prove that the third party caused your injuries through some form of negligence. All of these factors are important to prove, but one of the most vital factors to prove in a personal injury case is negligence. Negligence can be an act of commission, a negligent behavior, or an act of omission, a lack of action to prevent harm.
An act of commission could mean a reckless driver who runs a red light that causes a car accident or a co-worker who throws tools down several stories without checking to see if anyone is below injuring a co-worker. Whereas, an act of omission could mean a property owner who fails to put up a sign that indicates unlevel footing or a trucking company that fails to keep up to date on their truck maintenance. Any of these negligent actions can lead to a major injury accident in Plano.
If you or someone you love has been injured or lost their lives in an accident that was caused by the careless, reckless, negligent, or deliberate actions of another person or business entity, call Brad Thomas Law Office to discuss your accident and find out if you have the right to pursue a Plano personal injury lawsuit. We will ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and losses and ensure that all liable parties are held accountable for their actions
Most Commonly Filed Personal Injury Claims in Texas
There are many reasons that a personal injury lawsuit can be filed in Plano. All of them have to do with someone being injured. Some of the most commonly filed personal injury lawsuits in Texas include:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Oil Rig & Gas Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Boating and Jet Ski Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Swimming Pool and Drowning Accidents
- Premise Liability Accidents
- Wrongful Death
These are not the only types of personal injury claims that are filed in Texas. Your personal injury claim will depend on the circumstances surrounding your specific accident. Speaking with a skilled personal injury lawyer in Plano about your personal injury accident is the most important thing you can do after seeking medical attention for your injuries.
Call today to speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer about your accident. If you or your loved one has been injured in an accident, call Brad Thomas Law Office today for help and legal guidance.
Most Common Personal Injuries in Plano
Depending on the severity of your accident, your injuries can vary. Different injuries come with different consequences, some of which can be lifelong. Severe injuries that require long-term hospitalizations and surgeries can be expensive. Some injuries can even lead to lifelong disabilities and difficulties. Some of the most commonly reported injuries in Texas personal injury lawsuit claims include, but are not limited to the following injuries:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: When the spine is fractured, the spinal cord can become damaged. The two main types of spinal cord injuries are incomplete and complete spinal cord injuries. An incomplete spinal cord injury means the spinal cord was mildly damaged and you may still have some functioning below the site of the damage. Complete spinal cord injuries result in paralysis below the injury site, a loss of sensation and movement.
- Bone Fractures: Car accidents commonly lead to a variety of bone fractures, but serious falls and workplace accidents can also lead to this type of injury. Medical expenses for bone fractures depend on the type of bone fracture and how severe the resulting damage was. Fractures to the skull, legs, arms, hips, spine, collar bone, and neck are not uncommon with serious car accidents. The most severe and expensive bone fractures involve shattered bones, which almost always require surgery.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries and Concussions: TBIs can happen with falls, workplace accidents, and car accidents. Head injuries like this range from mild to moderate to severe. Since the brain controls everything from moving to thinking, a variety of functions can become impaired by a brain injury. People with TBIs may have to deal with short-term symptoms like headaches, dizziness, fatigue, and vomiting. Long-term symptoms can be temporary or lifelong and include problems with memory, attention, concentration, communication, vision, mood, and behavior.
- Soft Tissue Injuries (sprains and strains): Strains and sprains can happen with almost any kind of accident that involves a blunt force to the arm, leg, or jointed body part. Sprains involve stretched or torn ligaments and strains involve stretched or torn muscle or tendon. Mild soft tissue injuries can heal with rest and ice, but soft tissue injuries that involve tears may require longer healing times and surgery.
- Whiplash: One of the most common injuries caused by car accidents, whiplash tends to result in neck pain and stiffness. Some people may also experience headaches, shoulder pain, drowsiness, dizziness, blurry vision, ringing ears, and problems with sleep. In rare and tragic cases, whiplash can develop into chronic whiplash pain that does not go away for months or even years. This can require prolonged and expensive medical treatments.
- Chronic Pain: This condition can be caused by a physical injury to a body part or the brain. Dealing with chronic pain can be a nightmare because not only does chronic pain offer little relief, but this condition can also lead to insomnia, concentration problems, depression, and difficulty performing certain physically demanding tasks. Chronic pain is also difficult to treat and may require various medical and mental treatments.
- Psychological Trauma: Unexpected and violent accidents can lead to psychological conditions like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and psychological distress. Significant pain and suffering can also lead to conditions like these. Struggling with the distress caused by this can feel overwhelming at times. Mental health may not be covered as much as you need, forcing you to pay out of pocket.
- Burn Injuries: Burns can be caused by fire, chemicals, or steam. Almost any of these causes can stem from a car accident or workplace accident. This can be one of the most painful injuries to endure and ranges from first-degree to third-degree burns and so on. Third and fourth-degree burns are most at risk for death from serious infections and shock. It is vital to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
If you experienced any of these injuries or related injuries during an accident caused by someone else, then you could be eligible to receive compensation for any damages you suffered as a result. Call Brad Thomas Law Office today to speak with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer about your serious accident.
Catastrophic Injuries in Texas
When a person has been severely injured in an accident in Texas, the injuries that are sustained are often considered to be catastrophic in nature. Our firm represents clients who have been seriously injured in an accident that was caused by the actions or inactions of another person or business, that resulted in life-changing, catastrophic injuries.
Catastrophic injuries are defined as injuries that with “direct and proximate consequences” will “permanently prevent the injured person from being able to work again. These types of injuries often involve an injury to the spine or spinal cord, the head, brain, or skull including skull fractures and spinal fractures. The most commons catastrophic injuries include but are not limited to the following:
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Traumatic Brain Injury or Brain Damage
- Burn Injuries
- Complex and Compound Fractures
- Crushing Injuries
Contact a catastrophic injury lawyer in Plano at Brad Thomas Law Office today to discuss your claim and ensure that your rights as a victim are protected from the start. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Wrongful Death Claims in Texas
When you have lost a loved one in an unexpected accident, finding the best wrongful death lawyer in Plano can be hard and confusing, to say the least. The surviving family members need to be able to focus on the everyday pressures of life. When some is invovled in an accidental or wrongful death in Texas, the surviving family members are allowed by Texas law to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of their deceased family member. The surviving family members should speak with a Plano wrongful death attorney who can answer all of their questions and ensure their best interests are being thought of at all times so that everyone can focus on the things and people who matter most in life during this difficult time.
The wrongful death laws in Texas state that surviving spouses, children, and parents of the deceased victim are each able to file a claim. The damages in a Texas wrongful death claim are based on the relationship that each immediate family member had with the deceased victim. The monetary value for each wrongful death beneficiary is based on the relationship that each family member had with the deceased victim.
Call Brad Thomas Law Office today to discuss your wrongful death claim with a compassionate and caring lawyer who has the skills to get the job done. Let us fight on your behalf.
Skilled Plano Personal Injury Lawyer – Brad Thomas Law Office
We know that when a person has been injured in a serious accident that there are many challenges that they will be faced with, as well as, a variety of other obstacles that they must overcome after an accident. All of these things add to an already stressful time and can actually affect the healing process of the injuries incurred. That’s why we take the time to listen to our clients in order to create a strong client/attorney relationship. We answer any and all questions that you have about your injury accident and explain every step of the legal process so that you understand what is happening with your claim at all times.
If you have been the victim of an accident that was caused by another person or multiple parties, we can help you. Call us today to see if you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim in Plano. Our law office has the experience needed to handle even the most complex Texas personal injury claims. We try to pressure off you during the personal injury claims process. We are prepared to look through your claim files, investigate your accident, help you collect evidence, and defend your case in court.
Call Brad Thomas Law Office today at (972) 863-2367 to talk with a personal injury lawyer in Plano to explore your legal options. You may be eligible for significant compensation.